An annual conference of the Association shall be organised every year or as the general body may decide, under the auspices of the Association at a suitable place and time to be decided at the annual general meeting of the association Such conference shall usually be held before the l5th day of March.
The General Secretary of Indian Association for Geriatric Mental Health shall be responsible for:
- Fixing the dates of the annual conference in consultation with the reception committee, such dates must not vary from the dates fixed at the previous annual conference by more than 4 (four) weeks.
- To make alternative arrangements, in case the reception committee fail to give a
- firm commitment regarding the proposed dates for the conference by the 1st of September or fails to organise the conference under exceptional circumstances.
- To negotiate with members desirous of inviting the annual conference at different places in India and to keep 2-3 different invitation always pending.
- Informing all members of dates of the meeting.
- Invitin delegates from the psychiatric associations of foreign countries.
- Arranging for railway concession for delegates.
- Writing to all government and similar agencies at the centre (including OOHS AND DGAFMS) and the states to permit members serving under them to attend the meeting on temporary duty.
Visitors - The following can attend the conference as visitors:-
- Prominent public men who are specially invited by the Reception payment of any fees as Distinguished Visitors.
- Medicine men and persons eligible for Associate Membership of the Association who wish to take part in Scientific session only as Special Visitors on payment of a fee to be determined by the Reception Committee.
Contribution to the Fund of the Association
Fifty percent (50%) of the amount accumulated in the hand of the Reception Committee after meeting all expenses shall be credited to the funds of the Association and the other half to be credited to the local branch organizing the conference. If the venue of the conference is not covered by or the conference is not organized by any local branch of the Association, the entire amount of the net income of the conference shall be credited to the Association. Ten percent (10%) of the amount this received from the Reception Committee by the Association shall be credited to the fund of the Zonal Branch concerned. The reception Committee shall submit the audited statement of account and credit the share of the Association to the Association within nine months of holding the conference.
Scientific Papers & Sessions
There shall be a scientific programme committee of the association for scientific session to be heId during the Annual Conference. This committee shall lay down general orientation of session choose subjects for symposium. The Committee shall consist of the president as its Chairman, the Editor, the Hony. General Secretary Joint Secretary and another member of the association with power to co- opt members and delegate its functions to a co-opted member or members. There will be another committee known as academic committee which will be nominated by the council for every annual conference. This committee will be responsible for assessing the quality and scientific utility of symposia and papers. Only after acceptance of the symposia and scientific papers, they will be allowed for presentation.
- Paper read or to be read at the scientific sessions of an annual conference can only be printed in the association publications.
- For publication of any publication of any paper presented at the conference, a coy of the same written in the manner prescribed by the Journal Committee and notified in the Journal under the heading "Instruction to Contribution" shall have to be submitted to the editor.
- If the acceptance or otherwise for publication of a paper is not conveyed to the author within six months of its being sent to the Editor of the Indian Association Geriatric Mental Health or if it is not published within 1.1/2 years of its submission or presentation at the annual conference of the Association the author will be free to publish it elsewhere intimating the same to the Editor or the Indian Association Geriatric Mental Health.
Awards and Scholarship
The association can enter Into contract with Individuals, Institutions, commercial and other bodies to organize competition for prizes, fellowship, or bursaries to encourage research in Geriatric Mental Health and allied subjects, or for any other purposes in keeping with Associations alms and objects.
To issue appeals and apply for money and funds in the furtherance of the objects of the association and to raise or collect funds by gifts, donations subscriptions or otherwise of cash and securities and any property either movable or immovable and to grant such rights and privileges to the donors, subscribers and other benefactors as the association may consider fit and proper.